19 June 2010

A season or a lifetime

I saw a play. Someone was giving advice. Said if a person wants to leave, Let them go.
Said some people in your life are like leaves. They are only meant to be in your life for a season. But people get confused when they put lifetime expectations on people who were only supposed to teach you one thing.
Some people are branches that make you think they're strong and the minute you step out to rely on them they might break.
So find some roots. two or three. People who will always be there for you.

If you have an issue in your relationship and that person tries to fix it then keep them in your life. If they don't care, let them go.

I hope my love is a root. I'm not naive enough to hope this for everyone I meet.
I think people are naive enough to hope this for people they fall in love with (myself included).

I guess love creates those branches. Made of the same stuff as the roots. Just not growing in the same place. Not as secure. Not for the same purpose.
Accept the idea that even some good people are only there for a season. Because they are not for you. They weren't meant for you in the long term. You met them to prepare yourself for the ones you will meet in the future.

Madea

No comments: