04 October 2014

Such a bad idea

I do believe in freedom and if you are not violating another person's rights/liberties, you should do what you please.
BUT, there are some things that aren't a really good idea. As in, it's bound to end up bad. Maybe not all of the time; but enough for me not to support it.

Bad idea:
Sperm banks.

I understand that there are some men who are not fertile and there are some women who don't want a man in their lives.
BUT, Why wouldn't you want a child to have a healthy father figure in their lives?
Why couldn't you find a donor and build at least a friendship with them?
Why would you want to father a child and not have any responsibility for it? Not want to even know it?

It's the anonymity that bothers me the most. I know men donate for whatever reasons, honorable or not.
Just don't get the idea of having a child in the world and having no interest in them.
Or not really knowing the father of your child.

No comments: