05 April 2008

Proselytizing

That word gives me so much trouble. Can't spell it, can't pronounce it without looking at it.
And I sure as hell can't stand it... From anyone.

Everyone knows it's annoying when Christians do it. What I've discovered is, it's just as annoying when atheist do it too.

Yes, science is great, now shut the fuck up.


Maybe because I'm a pluralist; but I don't see why people can't just live their lives and enjoy their faiths (or lack thereof) and just shut up about it. If I want to find Jesus, I'll have my people call your people.
My reasoning skills are perfectly intact; thank you very much. Believing in spirituality does not make me stupid.
Must you put down another person's beliefs in order to be secure in your own?

Apparently there's some big fight because Christians are treating atheist like a disenfranchised minority group; and atheist are trying to take over the country and not allow Christians to practice their religion; a.k.a stealing Christmas.
Honestly, they both sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.

Maybe it's because I can't stand people telling me (or others) who I am, who I should be, or what I should believe. Really chaps my hide.

No comments: