31 October 2011

libertarian?

I would support a free market economy if the people were united and informed.

If the people are not educated; the economic powers will run all over them. If the people are not united, economic powers will run all over them

I'm about as close to libertarian as you can get.
I'm a libertarian on paper
Although I don't believe in unregulated capitalism.
I don't think corporations are a good replacement for government

I think the democrats fail in thinking that the federal govt can solve people's problems. These problems should be solved at the community level.

I think the federal govt is this big money sucking monster. I don't really want to privatize everything; but I do think all of it (except foreign affairs) should be handled at a state level

And the government's vision of privatization is to give tax dollars to contractors.

I think the republicans fail in thinking the government can control people's private lives.

I think people should have the right to live their lives as they choose as long as they're not harming anyone else (infringing on the life, liberty, and property of others)

I'm "pro-life" but I don't think that's a decision the govt. should be getting involved in. That's between a woman, her family, and her doctor, and hopefully a therapist. I hope that women choose to keep their babies but if they don't, that's their decision and really none of my business.

I think libertarians fail in thinking that corporations would have no power over the people in a free market.
The war cry is that it's all the government's fault and you should not fault corporations.  If the government had less power then the corporations would not take advantage...
I should not fault corporations for taking advantage of the government?   If you take advantage of something to benefit yourself to the detriment of others, I should not fault you, I should fault the one you took advantage of?
In my head, when a person takes a bribe, the person giving the bribe and the person taking the bribe should both be held accountable.

Libertarians fail to realize that economic powers control the government. Economic powers are the reason there are governments in place. If you get rid of government, you are just taking out the middle man.

I don't like the idea of welfare; but I do think we should provide assistance in exchange for community service.

I think it would behoove society to ensure everyone has proper medical care and a competitive education. Nutritious food and adequate shelter. Again, I would be in favor of community service in exchange for funding these things.

Drugs aren't a legal issue they're a medical issue.

living wage instead of minimum wage. Factor in cost of living and determine how much a person should need
workers collectively determine wages

Donations,  service fees, and public service instead of taxes

What the libertarian party is missing is direct advocacy for non-government organizations.
If you think that private entities do a better job at serving people than the government does, then you need to advertise, support, and promote those private entities.

I would be a libertarian, but I actually give a fuck about people

No comments: