03 September 2010

Love expectations

A good question is how can you love without expecting something from the one you love?
I can boast about having no expectations but am I being honest with myself?
I can be real and say that I'm going to get what god is going to give me. As long as I'm open to it.
It might not be what I want and it's probably a lot healthier than what I want.
Even though I don't really know what I want.
I want it to never end. I want to know that you'll always be there when I need you.
So I said that I have no expectations and what I really mean is that I have no realistic expectations or that my expectations are unfair.
But what am I left with?
In the back of my mind there this voice asking. And I have to keep telling it no.


I'm not as enlightened as I'd like to think
Affection, attachment, devotion,
Not the same as love.
Distinguishing love from craving is hard. Loving without wanting in return is difficult.
Loving without expectations.
Can you honestly say you are in a relationship without having expectations?
I don't feel I have the right to any expectations. To ask for anything. Moreso I'm afraid to.

No comments: