22 March 2011

How many of us have them?

I've been contemplating how I interact with people.
What place they have in my life and what place I have in theirs

I've been contemplating friendship.
What is it really?
I did a little searching and there are some common criteria.
Some common types, certain degrees

I've created these divides
Who do I remember?
What encounter had an impact on my life?
Who do I like to spend time with?
Who can I confide in?
Who really cares about me?
Who understands me?
Who will not judge me?
Who will be there for me in the hard times?
Who will be there when I am hard?
Who loves me unconditionally?
Who have I shared experiences with?
Who do I share common interests with?
Who is my family?
Who believes in me?


There are some we are drawn to
People we learn from
People who teach us about ourselves
Make us take a different look at life and ourselves
Through observing their lives or active lessons

Every relationship is a process
It ebbs and flows, changes like all things
It all depends on the effort we put into it
its not instantaneous

Sometimes there is commitment
Interdependence. Both working to help the other reach their potential

To meet someone you would like to communicate with every day without feeling like you're overdoing it.

It goes back to love and what love wants from a relationship
Some aren't meant to be forever
Some we have to fight for
Some we take to a level that was never meant to be
Some we stifle, not allowing it to grow into what it was meant to be

What happens when you're supposed to love everyone?

No comments: