04 December 2011

Sexuality: Indifferent

I understand that we don't like labels; but labels happen. If I'm gonna be labeled, it's gonna be on my own terms. I've gone from straight to bisexual to lesbian back to bisexual and now I just don't care.

I joke that I'm equal opportunity. It's pretty much true; I am "committed to a policy of providing sexual opportunities to people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability." (modified from the University of Kentucky website)


Problem is, I'm not hiring.
It's hard to admit; but, I am really weary of people. Especially on an intimate level.
I've never met a person I couldn't live without.  I usually get tired of people after a while.
My oxytocin works; but I've never met anyone who was worth the highs and lows.

 I've rarely seen a successful relationship.
 It's gotten to the point where I don't see many benefits in getting involved with another person.

Or maybe it is a low self esteem/high social anxiety issue.
I'm not anywhere close to a model. I know it will take a considerable effort on my part to get a person and maintain a relationship. I just don't have the desire or attention span.

As far as gender is concerned...
I don't have the tolerance for men or the attention span for women.

People seem to always test your boundaries. Men to see what they can get away with, women to see how far you will go for them

Men do things just to see if they can get away with it
and women need to be the center of someone's world. And if that's not you, she'll find another sucker.

So now I identify as Indifferent.
And if anyone asks, my response is, "are you offering or do you know someone? If not, it's none of your business."
Thank God I'm ambidextrous.

No comments: