01 December 2011

You know what doesn't make sense? Dating

Dating is completely outside of my realm of human interaction
It takes me a while to even start talking to people I don't know
Then, I have to have regular, constant interactions with them
Like, school or work.

I'm open to something in the future;
but, I have to spend a considerable amount of time getting used to someone else's presence.
I have to observe people before I engage with them.
Or sometimes I can quickly come to the conclusion that I don't care what you think.

Tried it. Didn't like it
And I don't have to try things over and over to get that they don't work for me
It seems so ass backwards or unnecessarily accelerated
Something is wrong with the timeline
There are phases to letting someone in
Levels of trust
takes a long time to develop trust
the kind of trust where I know a person is not going to use me against me
Seems like you skip a whole lot or go through them too quickly for my taste
I'd rather just enjoy an experience without all the assumptions and expectations.

I've never met a person that I needed or wanted anything from.
I've never met a person I couldn't do without.
And frankly, the idea of someone having any sort of influence over my life is unsettling


Then there's the sex. Fucks everything up to a certain degree.
Certain things that need to be seen get cloudy. Certain boundaries get crossed.

I need to have a relationship that is rooted in a friendship
Don't expect me to put any effort into it.

No comments: