31 January 2012

A Note to the Wealthy

You don't have anything I want
There is nothing about you that I want to emulate.

I am disgusted that you could justify your abundance while people, especially children, are homeless or in danger of losing their homes
While people don't know where or how they'll get there next meal
while people can't afford health care
while people can't afford an education
while people can't find jobs that will give them a living wage.

I'm disgusted by the lies
You acknowledge that you have the power to make things better by calling yourself a 'job creator'
but you're not interested in creating jobs. You're interested in creating profit. And you know that jobs take away from your profit.

You lie about regulations and taxes. Knowing that you make more than enough to provide jobs that people can live off of.

I'm angered by your condescension. The idea that people want to take from others or want handouts instead of wanting to earn their living.

I'm most disturbed by the fact that you can call yourself Christians.

So I'm not jealous or envious.
I have a home
I can eat at any hour of the day
I have money to pursue further education
I have good health insurance.

The difference between you and I is that I give a fuck about other people
I care about people who can't do anything for me
I give to those who can not benefit me

No comments: